Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why a blog and why now?

Life in transition. Face it, I'm not getting any younger. If I knew it was going to be over tomorrow or next week could I say I was satisfied with what I've done? Not yet.


But there have been new beginnings. New worlds of connections. In just the last year and a half, the Internet has opened so many doors: to friends and family far and wide on Facebook; to a storefront on Etsy; to finding teachers and mentors in the fields of drawing and painting, journaling and textile arts through the following of blogs like this. I have taken classes in person through online discovery, and online classes through personal connections, and I am learning how to share my joy in the work through online sites such as flikr and Blogger.


But the main, most essential new connection has been to myself--to a place of dreams long buried but not quite forgotten. A connection to the hope that there is still time. And why not? As long as there is life and hope and intention there is surely time to make dreams real.


So raise a glass with me to toast the birth of Finding Home: A Creative Journey. I hope you will sign up to follow me here. Come along and see what develops.




My workspace awaits the latest drawing lesson with Jane LaFazio



10 comments:

  1. This one is for you! Congrats! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, welcome to the creative path...Nicely expressed! By the way, we are both in Jane's class...I have been enjoying seeing your wonderful paintings. Loving the class myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome, Linda. I am definitely aware of your lovely work in our class. I even posted a picture of myself on flikr after seeing yours. Being visual artists, I think we could all enjoy connecting a face to the art as we would in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how brave! I am raising a glass in your honor and hoping I can gather up the courage too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It only hurts for a minute. What will you blog about, Jeannie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! We are on the same journey. And there WILL be art!

    'Smush'

    ReplyDelete
  7. For you (and for all of us) opening to the moment allows for conversations and sharing to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog speaks to me! So I just signed up! I want to follow you on your journey as I am on a similar one!
    Suzanne O.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Suzanne! So glad I'm already seeing connections. Tell others, too.

    ReplyDelete